2nd CHANCE is a Swiss non-profit organization that aims to develop reconstructive surgery in low and middle-income regions as well as in post-war contexts
- 10 workshops organized/year in Africa
- 3 Workshops of plastic reconstructive Surgery in Eastern and Austral Africa
- 2 Workshops of childbirth and sexual injuries surgical repair in Ethiopia
- 3 Workshops of giant goiter training Surgery in Eastern Congo (DRC)
- 2 Workshops of Anaesthesia in Eastern Congo (DRC)
- More than 100 surgeons trained, more than 1500 patients operated since 2010
- Pedagogical Support (movies, books, interactive internet platform, grant for exams)
- Certification of autonomisation
- Networking at African level for Reconstructive Surgery
- Advocacy for Reconstructive Surgery at African regional and at International levels
( The G4 Alliance, WHO )
- Collaboration with international NGOs ( Smile Train, Mending Faces, Lifebox, ReSurg )
Your contribution enables us to make progress.
Please help us to develop training systems for doctors specializing in reconstructive surgery of traumatized patients.
Second Chance Association
IBAN CH75 0024 0240 1147 9501 T (CHF)
IBAN CH49 0024 0240 1147 9561 Q (EURO)
IBAN CH65 0024 0240 1147 9560 W (USD)
Avenue J.-D. Maillard 1 bis
2nd CHANCE LEARNING CHANNEL
2nd Chance develops high quality medical pedagogical courses adapted to training professionals in low and middle income countries. These tools are currently provided free of charge to the « school of surgeons » web platform of the College of surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa and used during workshop organised in the countries of the region.