2nd CHANCE is a Swiss non-profit organization that aims to develop reconstructive surgery in low and middle-income regions as well as in post-war contexts
- 15 workshops organized per year in Africa
- 3 Workshops of plastic reconstructive Surgery in Eastern and Austral Africa
- 2 Workshops of plastic reconstructive Surgery in West Africa
- 2 Workshops on surgical repair of childbirth and sexual injuries in Ethiopia
- 3 Workshops on surgery of giant goiters in Eastern Congo (DRC)
- 3 Workshops on peri-operative safety and post-op care
- More than 100 surgeons trained, more than 1000 patients operated since 2010
- Pedagogical Support (movies, books, interactive internet platform, grant for exams)
- Certification of autonomisation
- Development of an African network dedicated to reconstructive surgery
- Advocacy for Reconstructive Surgery at African regional and at International levels
( WHO, COSECSA, WACS )
- Collaboration with international NGOs ( Smile Train, Mending Faces, Lifebox, ReSurg )
Your contribution enables us to make progress.
Please help us to develop training systems for doctors specializing in reconstructive surgery of traumatized patients.
Second Chance Association
IBAN CH75 0024 0240 1147 9501 T (CHF)
IBAN CH49 0024 0240 1147 9561 Q (EURO)
IBAN CH65 0024 0240 1147 9560 W (USD)
Rue Ferdinand-Hodler 7
2nd CHANCE LEARNING CHANNEL
2nd Chance develops high quality medical pedagogical courses adapted to training professionals in low and middle income countries. These tools are currently provided free of charge to the « school of surgeons » web platform of the College of surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa and used during workshop organised in the countries of the region.